Went out with the fam to the park, and this time I managed to hijaak a kid from one of my sisters and try out the fun play areas @ PacBell. I went down a slide a dozen times. Some nice random Dad person pointed me to the slide, behind the other slides, that had absolutely no line. My height-impaired friend just wanted to sit on the cable car they have sitting center field. I have to say, that is an amazing view. We saw two pop flies, and when Barry Bonds did his homer into the Cove, I was holding rent-a-kid high in to the air to see this momentous occasion. Total body workout.
Washington Street Bar and Grill
This place is so great! Some of my friends have been telling me they love the wine selection. I went there because Iluna Basque wasn’t open yet, and sure enough, it is a nice place to hang. I went there with the rents, and we got a very good brunch. It is quite steep though. Similar meal at Cafe Divine was 1/3rd the cost, but a tad colder.
Cafe Macaroni (or Scuie, Scuie)
Got dinner there the other night. I usually shy away from it but Bocadillos AND Ristorante Gondola were closed. My rigatoni with sausage was OK, but I like the sausage broken out of the skin and mixed into the sauce, instead it was sliced like keilbasa. I ate my Mom’s order of spaghetti and meatballs the next day for leftovers and it totally the spot, if a little salty. Which I think is more authentic anyway. Cute decor, but it does border on the dusty/cutesy elements that most North Beach restaurants tend to go. Real Italian spoken there, if anyone cares.
On Columbus X Chestnut. The name’s a couple of things, including something like Cable Car Company. They sell SF sweatshirts out on the back log, and share dining space with Kennedy’s. The samosas last night were really, really large and generally tasteless. I like more fried area, I guess. My friend’s dosa looked OK but I remember mine being kind of dry and tasteless too. I had a chicken wrap the other day, and it’s like a mild burrito for 5$. Not bad!
when asked these questions:
1. I’ll respond with something random about you.
2. I’ll tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3. I’ll pick a flavor of jello to wrestle with you in.
4. I’ll say something that only makes sense to you and me.
5. I’ll tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
6. I’ll tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I’ll ask you something that I’ve always wondered about you.
8. If I do this for you, you must post this on your journal. Or not. It’s a free country.
1. You like to decant paper cups of coffee into a mug.
2. Wichita Lineman.
3. Ambrosia with extra mini-marshmallows.
4. “Why won’t anyone believe me when I say that I’m not having a secret love affair with Bobo????”
5. Who are these weird drunk girls in my stairwell?
6. A Swedish fish.
7. If you were a WNBA star, what nickname would the press give to you?
Yay! I would be Shaq. I actually AM Shaq, some other bball folks call me that, it’s true. It’s not because of any slam dunk percentage but because I have the same “boxing out” method.
If anyone read this post this far, and wants me to do them the same favor in answering the questions about THEM, please post a comment!