Taking a break from work and working on costume for this weekend. I feel kind of consumed by another time period. I’m taking the quest for accuracy in another direction. In reading about 1500s, I was interested in the value and worth of clothing. Turns out it’s kind of like Japanese kimonos or Indian saris- for a woman, you’re only as good as your best petticoat (which is the bodice + skirt). Also, piecing- creating a dress or piece out of smaller pieces of fabric and former clothes- was very common. So in the spirit of 1500s economy and recycling, looked around my closet and found some remnants I could repurpose, namely, a felted grey wool sweater. I cut it up and added hook & eyes down the front (while watching Mad Men- there’s always some popular culture reference to the time spent making period costumes). In the interest of stylishness & theater, going to the fabric store to get material for the rest of the outfit.
- America has lost its savior status
- The Job Flux, and Helping Others
- In Memorium: Bev
- Inspiring Makers- and Getting Inspired, Our GHC Hardware Hackathon Workshop
- iParent: The Salad Days
- Deepak Gedia: Hi Thanks it is a nice tutorial as i am a new to android development and i have implemented it in my...
- Tiago Dávila: You should have commented to register both service and broadcast receiver on xml. nice tutorial though
- hopfi: I don’t even know how I ended up on this site but I just love this post. I think Bev would be honoured...
- محمد لعسيني: that's not complete, notification appears again when i click on it. can you check please?thank you
- banane: oh good call!