Yes, it’s a blog chain mail- meme- but also it’s short and sweet, really. This one is “5 things that you may not know about me”… and since the audience runs the spectrum, from new friends to old friends, friends in Turkey (Merhaba!) and France, (Salut!)- so it’s quite hard to find things that I have not written about, as I’m a writer and constantly mine my nostalgia for bits. Thanks to Lauren who finally finished her 5 things and pinged me to write 5.
5. I adore IMDB. Some nights I’m sitting there, cruising the cast lists in the blue hue of the monitor. Maybe this is why Kathy thinks I’m good on the “identify celebrity” round of trivia?
4. All of my novels (4) include characters with striking similarity to my ex-boyfriend Will: “michoud” on MySpace, and he hasn’t read any of them! And if he hasn’t read them, he probably won’t read this :) And he doesn’t check trackbacks. One word: AOL user.
3. I speak Russian. 3 years in college. And a refresher course. OK I suck at Russian but I persist. Эtot oчeнь Tрудний языk.
2. I watched St. Elmo’s so many times that I ruined the VHS tape. I can’t explain it. I was obsessed.
1. I won a women’s weight-lifting one month at my gym without even trying. My weights had been recorded by this computer and one month I was on the printout of “top women’s weightlifters”.
I’m calling out Rebecca, Rocco, Chester, Tink & drum roll, please… Nancy M!